Sunday, November 18, 2007

Thank You For Keeping the Nursery


Here is a poem I found some time ago online for nursery volunteers. You might attach to a little gift or just print it out on a pretty piece of paper. Take the time to tell them how much you truly appreciate them! Again...(I do this alot!) I am sorry that I cannot give credit to the original author.

Update: This poem was written by Lois Turley. You can find the poem here at the author's website.

Mama left me in the church nursery.

She said, "You can stay here and play."

I was so very afraid, but you comforted me.

And Mama was saved that day.


At least once a month in the nursery,

You served God by caring for me

So Mama could attend church and learn to make

Our home everything it should be.


There were those who said, "I'm too busy,"

Or, "I don't want to miss church today.

I'm too young. I'm too old. I've done my part.

The nursery? Please, don't ask me to stay."


But you said, "No, I'm not too busy.

I'm just the right age I know.

I could never do enough for the King that I serve.

When you need me in the nursery I'll go."


My life might have been so different

If you had not answered God's plea

For workers to serve where the need is so great,

To care for little people like me.


Thank you for keeping the nursery.

Mama taught me to follow Christ, too.

Many people had a part, but the most special one

To me will always be you

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I am the author of the poem Thank You for Keeping the Nursery. Click the link to see it on my website, along with info on how to give credit. Thank you.
Lois Turley

Lois Turley said...

Sorry, I did not mean to post anonymously.

Rebekah Teague said...

Lois, I'm so glad to be able to give you credit now! We have used your poem so many times!

Lois Turley said...

Thanks Rebekah,I appreciate it. You have a beautiful blog!
Lois

R. Best said...

Absolutely love this poem. Getting volunteer's in our church nursery has been challenging because everyone wants to be in the sanctuary during service. But what a great ministry it is to nurture a mothers child so she can be ministered to without the distraction of her baby. God will reward those for their sacrifice of love.

Star said...

This poem is absolutely beautiful! I was in nursery growing up and I have amazing memories from it; I am now the nursery coordinator at my church where my son and I attend. I look forward to sharing this poem with our volunteers who tirelessly to care for our little ones. Thank you for this blog and the poem! God Bless! --JM "Star" Collins