Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Party Hardy

The Best Ever Cheese Dip
My cheese dip is legendary. When we were youth pastors years ago this dip was requested at every occasion. I think it’s the mushroom soup that makes the difference.

1 pound of green beef or sausage, browned and drained
1 pound of velveeta cheese
1 can of rotel
1 can of cream of mushroom soup

Add all the ingredients to a crockpot. Set it on high and stir often. Just keep a watch on it…it will burn if left unattended for too long.

My Salsa Recipe
I used to buy salsa at the store. That was a long time ago. I was first introduced by this kind of salsa by a family that attended our church from Venezuela. Oh my goodness! Years later I saw Martha Stewart make a version of it on her show. She seeded her tomatoes…I leave the seeds in. We could eat buckets of this stuff. It’s oh so fresh!

4-6 tomatoes
1 onion
2 cloves of garlic
salt to taste
Juice of one lemon
Optional: green or yellow pepper, cilantro and oregano.

Chop up your onions and garlic in your food processor (now is the time to chop a pepper if you are so inclined). Empty the food processor (put your onions, etc. into your bowl). Cut up your tomatoes just a bit and add to the food processor…hitting pulse just a few times (you still want them kind of chunky) Add the tomatoes to the bowl. Then add salt, lemon juice and your herbs. Be sure to taste as you go.

No comments: